Tuesday, January 19, 2010

November 2008, Weekend in BKK


Later November... still unsure of dates, (I'm thinking mid).


A Weekend in Bangkok.

Got invited to Bangkok for a sexy times weekend with my husband. He hadn't slept for a few days, coming from two hard core Freelance months in Singapore, so the first day he crashed, and the second day his body finally decided it was so exhausted, it let the cold which had been threatening to erupt all week, take over. Fun times, not really sexy though... He said the next time he was throwing up, a caring wife would come in and hold his hair out of the bowl, not yell from the other room mid-hurl 'are you ok in there?'. He couldn't answer, obviously, because of the projectile vomit.

What we did establish though, after the sleeping and vomiting, is that we think we are moving to Bangkok this coming year. Why not. The job offer is good, the guy offering it fun (Mike said working with him previously in his career was the best time he ever had), and there is plenty of opportunity for free enterprise while every other boat in the joint sinks because of company debt. We get a small house and a small car, we can supposedly import the dogs with little hassle *insert graft payments here, and are allowed to choose how much work to take on. That means Mike only does a hundred and forty hour week if he wants to. I am very excited.

I have often thought business meetings in strip bars would go well. Now I get to test my theory. I can't wait to corrupt a whole bunch of clients in the seedy dens of inequity, downtown Bangkok. Although, I'm betting most of them are well versed in the nightlife of Pat Pong.

We stayed in a nice hotel. Sukhamvit soi 5, right down in the action apparently. The water pressure was good, but not particularly hot. We didn't really go anywhere, apart from the trip to the post house. And just because the hubby loves me so much, he gave me his cold as a parting gift. Sharing is caring dontya know?

Tony is the guy we, meaning more Mike than myself, will be working with. In all the post houses I have walked into with Mike, Tony's is the one where I have been made to feel the most comfortable. He has a laid back sensibility and a ribald sense of humour. However, the two things which appealed most to me about Tony is 1. he works in cash, and 2. he wants to fuck the market. Music couldn't be sweeter to my ears (it's not really, music generally just sounds like noise to me these days, but you get the analogy). I'm not exactly sure what he would be like to hang around all the time. But with those two objectives in mind, he won my vote.

So people, heres to a free place to stay when you next visit thailand. Must love dogs. Normal People need not apply (you know who you are).

No comments:

Post a Comment